Emergency Dentist — Norwood, MA
Quick Dental Care When You Urgently Need It
In reality, a dental emergency is a serious issue. It’ll lead to severe pain or even tooth loss if left untreated! Luckily, you can trust your emergency dentist in Norwood for help. Drs. John and David Michaels will treat your problem and restore your smile. From there, you can avoid the time, money, and hassle of an ER visit. To learn more, just contact us soon and book your emergency visit – you’ll be glad you did!
Why Choose Us for Emergency Dental Care?
- Same-Day Appointments Available
- A Highly-Experienced Dental Team
- Dental Insurance Friendly & Flexible Financing Welcome
How We Treat Dental Emergencies
If you’ve never had urgent oral care before, don’t panic. We at Norwood Dental Care will outline how it works. To that end, there are roughly four things to expect from an emergency dental visit:
- Same-Day Appointment – Once you’ve contacted us, we’ll book you for the earliest possible visit. (Our team may even see you the same day you call!) While you wait for the appointment, our team can also provide first-aid tips over the phone.
- Emergency Exam – When you reach our office, our dentists will perform an emergency exam. This step helps us learn the source and extent of your problem. (Crucially, it also lets us know how to reduce your pain.)
- Findings Review – After the exam, our team will share their initial findings with you. They’ll then suggest a few possible procedures. Based on your feedback, our office will draft a custom treatment plan that suits your needs. (To be clear, we’ll outline your treatment’s price and timeframe before you decide anything.)
- Needed Care – With the treatment plan drafted, we’ll address your issue quickly. We’re ready to provide many services – fillings, root canal therapy, tooth extractions, and more. Whatever your urgent oral needs, your smile will be as good as new in no time!
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
Every dental emergency is unique, but some happen more often than others. You should thus see us whenever you suffer one. Given their training and experience, our team can fix many common dental emergencies. They’re well-equipped and prepared for various situations. So, make sure to call our office if you’re facing one (or more) of the following conditions.
Understanding the Cost of Emergency Dentistry
When you need to see a dentist immediately, the last thing you should be worried about is how you're going to pay for an appointment. Many factors affect the cost of emergency dentistry in Norwood, but our team at Norwood Dental Care is here to make a stressful day a little easier. After addressing any pain, we will create the personalized plan you need to rehabilitate your smile without spending your life’s savings.
Every Dental Emergency is Different
There's no flat fee for an emergency visit because every situation differs. We wouldn't want you paying for anything you don't need. Your emergency dentist will examine your mouth to determine the best treatment for your needs, which may include:
- Root Canal Therapy
- Dental Crowns
- Tooth Extractions
- Gum Disease Therapy
- TMJ Therapy
Rest assured, you'll know exactly what to expect on the road ahead, and how much it will cost, so you won’t be surprised by any fees.
Does Dental Insurance Cover Dental Emergencies?
Every dental insurance plan differs, but most policies offer coverage for emergency services. Besides the consultation, your benefits can cover additional steps in your treatment, like diagnostic imaging or restorations. After meeting your annual deductible, your dental insurance can pay 50% to 80% of the cost of common restorative procedures. A member of your dental team will work on your behalf with your insurance to maximize any applicable coverage. We'll review how your benefits are being used and if there’s any remaining balance.
Other Options for Making Dental Emergencies Affordable
Besides using your dental insurance, Norwood Dental Care offers various financial solutions to keep an appointment with an emergency dentist in Norwood affordable, including:
- Traditional Payments: Our office accepts all traditional payment methods, like cash, personal checks, and credit cards.
- Monthly Payments: Pay any out-of-pocket expenses using a monthly payment plan with little or no interest based on your credit approval.
- Patient Specials: We offer various promotions for specific services. We will review any ongoing specials.
You will know exactly what you'll have to pay before committing to anything.
Taking Care Of Your Smile Can Save You Money
Accidents happen, but many dental emergencies are from untreated oral health problems, like tooth decay or gum disease. You can lessen your risk of needing an emergency dentist by brushing and flossing to keep your teeth and gums healthy. It's best to protect your smile from preventable damage. Don't chew on inedible objects, like your fingernails, and don't use your teeth in place of scissors, bottle openers, or other tools. Wear an athletic mouthguard if you play sports. Commit to a cleaning and checkup every 6 months. Your dentist will monitor your oral health to ensure there aren't any concerns that can turn into a big problem later.
Whether you have a dental emergency or need a cleaning and checkup, we are here to help. Contact our office today to speak with a member of our dental team.
How to Prevent Dental Emergencies
Of course, it’s always better to avoid a dental emergency if at all possible. To lessen the chances that your oral health will face potential disaster, it’s a good idea to:
- Stick to good oral hygiene
- Wear a custom mouthguard while playing sports
- Be mindful of the foods you eat (Hard ones may break teeth, sticky kinds may cause a crown or filling to come out, etc.)
- See your dentist every six months for checkups and cleanings